A chat about life is for those interested in the life they don’t live.
Spend most of my time, these days anyway, looking back on my life before the Pandemic. Mainly remembering work. It’s been over a year since I’ve last worked
. I’m always wondering about the life I don’t live. So maybe you’ll be interested in mine.
Constantly taking pictures whenever I can. Theres not a day goes by that I don’t have my vinyl player on. Music is medicine.
I write how I speak.
- 59. Life of a barmaid – final weekend in my first job.During the few days I had off before my final shift in my first job, I spent alot of time with Chris. We had drinks in my house with myContinue reading “59. Life of a barmaid – final weekend in my first job.”
- Daily (not so daily) shots – Fitzgeralds Park, Cork City centre.Public park in cork City centre, home to Cork Public Museum. Superb and unique art and architecture displayed throughout the park. Aesthetic scenes allover. Fitzgeralds park: Band stage :
- Book suggestionsAfter my attempt of trying to do something new every week failed miserably- due to being back at work – I chose to read as much as possible in myContinue reading “Book suggestions”
- Daily (not so daily) shots – site hoppingElizabeth Fort – situated in the city centre. Views that are impossible to get sick of. Have been so many times and will love it each time as much asContinue reading “Daily (not so daily) shots – site hopping”
- 58. Life of a barmaid – First day New job .Walked in at 6pm on the dot Sunday afternoon. This time the new bar was extremely busy. I had to push through customers to reach the bar. I couldn’t seeContinue reading “58. Life of a barmaid – First day New job .”
- 57. Life of a barmaid – a Way out.Woke up that Tuesday morning, the day of the interview with Frank. I was beyond nervous. I felt sick to my stomach and contemplated not going at all. I thoughtContinue reading “57. Life of a barmaid – a Way out.”
- Daily (not so daily) shots – Crawford art gallery, Cork City centreHad a bit of free time before work today so I spent it visiting our Crawford art gallery – and I’m so glad I did. See how magnificent these visualContinue reading “Daily (not so daily) shots – Crawford art gallery, Cork City centre”
- Daily shots – city scenesAfter a few weeks of non stop work and non stop rain – I have a day off on the first day of another heatwave stretch. Strolled around the cityContinue reading “Daily shots – city scenes”
- 56. Life of a barmaid – hopeI was strong for so long. Letting all the bad moments slide when a good moment occurred. Until the other day when I was verbally abused and threatened by aContinue reading “56. Life of a barmaid – hope”
- 55. Life of a barmaid – 12 pubsAfter the months of drama and isolation passed, I continued to work with my head down. I still had no luck finding jobs. The beginning of December my manager decidedContinue reading “55. Life of a barmaid – 12 pubs”
- Daily shots – Nano Nagle place, CorkRestored concent and gardens with museum displays on a 1700s nun dedicated to educating the poor. Such a magnificent place to sit for a coffee and read a book.
- Daily shots – side streetsTook the longest route on my stroll into the dentist today. Tried to delay time as much as possible before my first wisdom tooth extraction.
- BACK TO WORKAs lockdown lifts slowly in stages, the hospitality industry has began opening indoors. But that comes with a twist. Only vaccinated citizens are permitted to dine or drink indoors, asContinue reading “BACK TO WORK”
- 54. Life of a barmaid – how much more could I take? .Beginning of September to the end of October was a very tough time in work. So much happened in such a short space of time. It felt like I wasContinue reading “54. Life of a barmaid – how much more could I take? .”
- Daily shots – grandads flowersMy grandads garden forever reminding me of the secret garden
- 53. Life of a barmaid – staff meeting – party .A few nights after we returned from the festival our manager arranged a staff meeting – all staff must attend. This was my first time being in the workplace andContinue reading “53. Life of a barmaid – staff meeting – party .”
- 52. Life of a barmaid – rosters & lies .For the months leading up to October the bar had been relatively queit. But a lot happened in those months. By now the new girl who ‘stole my shifts’ withoutContinue reading “52. Life of a barmaid – rosters & lies .”
- Daily shots – Kinsale townSpent a whole day exploring the unseen parts of Kinsale. It is entirely beautiful and colourful.
- Daily shots – Charles Fort, Kinsale, CorkThis is a massive star-shaped fort of the seventeenth century. This military fortress was build during the reign of King Charles II, to protect the town and harbour of kinsale.Continue reading “Daily shots – Charles Fort, Kinsale, Cork”